Delicious, sweet, cruelty-free cinnamon rolls made with Two Bears oat milk. Topped with rich Maple Cream, this recipe is sure to be your favourite guilty pleasure.
We adapted this recipe by Loody over at Loody's kitchen
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 packet dry active yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 cup Two bears oat milk
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar + 1 tsp for yeast
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Maple cream
- Gently stir water and yeast plus 1 teaspoon of sugar in a small bowl, and let sit until foamy or about 10-15 minutes.
- While the yeast waits, warm oat milk and coconut oil over medium-low heat until it steams. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir flour and salt Once yeast is done proofing, add to flour mixture along with oat milk mixture. Stir gently until combined, using a spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Prepare a lightly floured countertop, turn out dough. Knead until dough is slightly sticky but smooth or about five minutes. Place in lightly oiled bowl, cover with a warm damp cloth and place in a warm spot in your house. Let rise for at least 2 hours.
- Line a quarter sheet pan or 9×9 square pan with parchment and lightly oil. Once dough has risen, on a floured surface roll out dough into a 12×18 rectangle. Spread melted coconut oil with the back of a spoon across dough, then sprinkle brown sugar-cinnamon mixture evenly. Roll up the long way, then cut into whichever size rolls you like – I usually try to get 9 out of the roll.
- Place onto prepared pan. Cover and let rise another 30 minutes – 1 hour or until rolls have doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake rolls for 25-27 minutes. Check at 15 minutes to make sure tops are not browning too quickly – cover with foil if they are.
- Remove from oven, smother with maple cream. Serve and enjoy!