Prep Time: 3.5 hours
Yield: 10 rolls
Delicious, sweet cinnamon rolls made with Two Bears oat milk. Topped with rich Maple Cream, this recipe is sure to be your favourite guilty pleasure.
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 packet dry active yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 cup Two bears oat milk
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar + 1 tsp for yeast
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Maple cream
- Gently stir water and yeast plus 1 teaspoon of sugar in a small bowl, and let sit until foamy or about 10-15 minutes.
- While the yeast waits, warm oat milk and coconut oil over medium-low heat until it steams. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir flour and salt Once yeast is done proofing, add to flour mixture along with oat milk mixture. Stir gently until combined, using a spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Prepare a lightly floured countertop, turn out dough. Knead until dough is slightly sticky but smooth or about five minutes. Place in lightly oiled bowl, cover with a warm damp cloth and place in a warm spot in your house. Let rise for at least 2 hours.
- Line a quarter sheet pan or 9×9 square pan with parchment and lightly oil. Once dough has risen, on a floured surface roll out dough into a 12×18 rectangle. Spread melted coconut oil with the back of a spoon across dough, then sprinkle brown sugar-cinnamon mixture evenly. Roll up the long way, then cut into whichever size rolls you like – I usually try to get 9 out of the roll.
- Place onto prepared pan. Cover and let rise another 30 minutes – 1 hour or until rolls have doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake rolls for 25-27 minutes. Check at 15 minutes to make sure tops are not browning too quickly – cover with foil if they are.
- Remove from oven, smother with maple cream. Serve and enjoy!
We adapted this recipe by Loody over at Loody's Kitchen