This delicious, 5 minute oat milk smoothie recipe is a great start to your morning and makes for an excellent, healthy snack. Optionally, you can add a scoop of whey or pea protein for some protein without adding too many calories, it will help you curb your hunger longer if you're up for a healthy, quick meal in a hurry. You can also sub the blueberries for your favourite berries, add some apple or pear, or even more fresh greens like kayle if you enjoy the taste.
We adapted this recipe from Alisa Fleming over at Go Dairyfree
- 1 very ripe banana, broken into chunks
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup Two Bears oat milk
- ½ cup fresh or frozen baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ¼ to ½ tsp ground cinnamon, to taste
- ½ cup ice
- Honey, agave nectar, maple syrup or stevia, to taste
- Put the banana, frozen blueberries, 1 cup Two Bears oat milk, spinach, seed meal or seeds, and cinnamon in your blender. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Blend in the ice.
- Taste test and blend in sweetener, if desired.
- Pour into 1 or 2 glasses to serve immediately.
Want an even healthier version of this recipe? For a morning smoothie that will keep you going longer, if you're short on time or just trying to slim down, add in a quarter cup of oats and some protein powder (whey or pea protein works). Protein will help you feel full longer and the oats are high in fiber and essential nutrients. If you follow this variant recipe, get rid of the ice and cinnamon. You can also add some cocoa powder to your mix, oat-milk compliments chocolate very well.
Into greens? Great, follow this recipe instead :
Green and yellow oat milk smoothie
- 1/2 cup baby kale
- 1 cup of Two Bears oat milk
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1/2 mango
- 6 slices peach
- water for texture, use carefully
Something about the blend of mango and peach and greens just puts a smile on my face. Obviously, you can add more oat milk, protein, fresh oats or berries. This is how I enjoy it though.