Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
This French toast recipe uses Two Bears oat instead of traditional milk and you'll love the fluffy texture!
- 1 cup Two bears oat
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Approximately 6 slices of toast. Thick bread works best and stale + thick bread is even better.
- Cinnamon to taste, a pinch or three
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- Toppings: To taste. We recommend fresh berries, maple syrup, and apple slices.
- Whisk Two bears oat, eggs, sea salt, maple syrup and cinnamon. Let the mixture thicken.
- Soak your bread slices in the oat milk mixture for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or butter in a frying pan.
- Fry each side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with fresh berries, your choice of fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup.
No maple syrup? A fan of flax seeds? Try this variant recipe by Remy from Veggiekins.
Flax-seed and vegan French toast recipe
- 3/4 cup Two bears oat
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 4–5 slices of bread, preferably on the older side
- In a large bowl, whisk together all your ingredients (except bread of course!)
- Allow this mixture to thicken for 8-10 minutes, and then give it another quick whisk. This will allow the flax seed to expand and the mixture to thicken slightly.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat, making sure it’s sizzling and ready to go. You can use a little bit of oil of choice or vegan butter if preferred, but if using a good nonstick pan, can omit it.
- Soak each side of the bread into the mixture for about 30-40 seconds on each side, then cook on the pan for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Be patient before flipping, and allow each side to really firm up.
- Before moving on to the next slice, give the dipping mixture a quick whisk.