Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
This french toast recipe uses Two Bears oat milk instead of traditional milk and you'll love the fluffy texture!
This recipe was adapted from Ksenia Avdulova over at Breakfast Criminals
- 1 cup Two bears oat milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tspn sea salt
- Approximately 6 slices of toast. Thick bread works best and stale + thick bread is even better.
- Cinnamon to taste, a pinch or three
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- Toppings: To taste. We recommend fresh berries, maple syrup, apple slices.
- Whisk Two bears oat milk, eggs, sea salt, maple syrup and cinnamon. Let the mixture thicken.
- Soak your bread slices in the oat milk mixture for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or butter in a frying pan.
- Fry each side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with fresh berries, your choice of fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup.
No maple syrup? A fan of flax-seeds? Try this variant recipe by Remy from Veggiekins
Flax-seed and oatmilk vegan french toast recipe
- 3/4 cup Two bears oat milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 4–5 slices of bread, preferably on the older side
- In a large bowl, whisk together all your ingredients (except bread of course!)
- Allow this mixture to thicken for at 8-10 minutes, and then give it another quick whisk. This will allow the flax seed to expand and the mixture to thicken slightly.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat, making sure it’s sizzling and ready to go. You can use a little bit of oil of choice or vegan butter if preferred, but if using a good nonstick pan, can omit.
- Soak each side of the bread into the mixture for about 30-40 seconds on each side, then cook on the pan for about 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Be patient before flipping, and allow each side to really firm up.
- Before moving onto the next slice, give the dipping mixture a quick whisk.