Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
A hearty, delicious omelet for two made with the flavours of the Mediterranean. This is a Gluten-free and dairy-free recipe thanks to Two Bears oat milk.
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1-2 Tablespoons Two bears oat milk
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned, drained
- ¼ cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp pitted kalamata olives, drained and chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Optional, feta cheese.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook for a few more minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside. Turn off heat, but keep skillet warm.
- Place the eggs in a mixing bowl and add the oat milk. Beat well with a fork or whisk. Place the skillet over medium high heat and add the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Pour the eggs into the pan. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- With a thin silicone spatula, draw in the cooked edges of the eggs into the center, letting the raw eggs run to the edge of the pan. Repeat the process, tilting the pan a bit, if needed, until the eggs are mostly cooked. Quickly spread the sun-dried tomato mixture evenly over the eggs and top with the spinach.
- Optional, if you want to add cheese, use 1/2 cup of crumbled feta, fresh goat cheese, mozzarella or any other melting cheese on top of the sun-dried tomato filling. Fold omelet over and cook in the pan a few minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Fold the omelet in half on itself and cook for another minute or two. Carefully slip it out of the skillet and onto a plate.
We adapted this recipe by Lindsey Johnson over at Cafe Johnsonia