This tasty vegan oat milk potato pudding recipe is nutritious and delicious, a hit with kids! It makes for an excellent side for pretty much any meal. The ingredients are pretty simple to come by too, carrots, onion, potatoes and Two Bears oat milk. The only thing you might not have handy is dairy-free margarine, you can use cashew or almond butter instead.
We adapted this recipe from Sarah Hatfield over at Go Dairy-free
- 2 cups peeled and shredded potatoes
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup onion, chopped or grated
- 2 tbsp Two Bears oat milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 to 3 tbsp dairy-free margarine or buttery spread
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Put the potatoes, carrots, and onion in a small, greased casserole dish and stir to combine.
- Add the oat milk, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
- Dot the top of the vegetable mixture with the margarine.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Less of a pudding and more of a baked vegetable dish, this recipe is a great stand-in for a side of fries or hash brown. It's tasty and quite a bit healthier than most potato sides. Regarding chopped or grated onions, chopped onions are more visible but the taste is less pronounced, where as grated onions blend into the dish and the flavor is much more pronounced.
As stated this recipe is less of a pudding and more of a vegetable dish - you prefer something creamy, try an oatmilk based bechamel over this dish or simply add grated vegan cheese. Great sides include ketchup,
There are plenty of great recipes using potatoes and oat milk. For one, you can try mashed potatoes, simply replace milk and cream with oat milk and cashew butter. Similarly, you can use oat milk to replace milk in your favorite scalloped potatoes recipe. Finally, have you ever tried a oat milk and potato breakfast porridge? Try it, you'll thank us!