This delicious and relatively low-calorie treat is packed with protein powder and peanut butter to curb your hunger. This chocolate smoothie recipe made with Two Bears oat milk is sure to be appreciated by anyone who enjoys nutrition in their delicious chocolatey treats.
We adapted this recipe from Natalie Melkowski over at Go Dairy-free
- ½ cup Two Bears oat milk
- ¼ cup dairy-free vanilla creamer
- ½ medium banana
- 2 to 3 tbsp chocolate ice-cream
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1½ tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 cup ice
- Place the Two Bears oat milk, creamer, banana, ice cream, protein powder, peanut butter, cocoa powder, chia seeds, and agave nectar in your blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add the ice, pulse the blender to break it up, and then blend until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
The protein in this smoothie will help you wait for your next meal if you're on the go. You can also belnd in different frozen or fresh fruit for a chocolate and fruit mix you'll probably enjoy - just be careful with the consistency of the mix, you don't want runny chocolate.
I also like using this recipe as a base for layered desserts - place the oat milk chocolate smoothie at the bottom of a cup and top with non-dairy yogurt and your favorite fruits.
If it's not too warm out, you can easily forego the ice and enjoy this at room temp, or even slightly warm. Want a lower-calorie, less chocolatey version? Forego the peanut butter, agave nectar and chocolate ice cream and add in 1 cup of your favorite frozen fruits - instant fruit smoothie with just a hint of coco.
You can also use maple syrup or stevia intead of the agave nectar for your sweetner. If you're open to the idea of vegetables with your chocolate, add half a cup of greens like spinach and mint for a mint chocolate smoothie.
Prefer hot chocolate? Obviously, lose the ice. Use this recipe
- 1 ¼ cup Two Bears oat milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Let the mixture sit in the fridge for a few hours, then heat up and enjoy warm.