Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8-10 pancakes
These pancakes will become your staple. This recipe uses both Two Bears oat and oat flour and just a tiny bit of sugar, which makes for a delicious, healthy alternative to regular pancakes. Top these pancakes with any fruit and just about any buttery and sweet spread like cashew, almond or peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup oat flour (if you don't have any on hand, oat flour is just finely ground oats)
- 1/2 cup plain white flour
- 1 1/2 cup Two bears oat
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Small pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sugar, stevia or maple syrup for sweetness
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Toppings of your choice (syrup, chocolate, fresh fruits, nuts)
- In your bowl, combine and mix all your dry ingredients: both white and oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Now it’s time to add your Two Bears oat! Slowly pour the oat over the mixture and mix out all the lumps.
- Spread ½ tsp of olive oil over the surface of a non-stick pan. Make sure the oil is spread equally along the surface of the pan.
- Heat up your pan. Once it’s warm, pour the batter into your pan, I like to use a ¼ cup measuring cup for a portion. Use the flat side of your measuring cup to press down on the pancake batter and make it more even in size. This will also speed up the time they take to cook. Don't forget to grease the pan to help you flip the pancakes.
- Use a flat spatula to turn your pancakes, each side should require about a minute and a half.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from Tajda Ferko over at My vegan minimalist
Want something a bit funkier? The people over at The Spruce Eats have come up with a list of over 20 creative pancake ideas
The list includes coconut pancakes, peppermint hot chocolate pancakes (!), red velvet pancakes, cinnamon roll pancakes....this list is seriously mouth-watering. Our favourite is the Dutch Baby Pancakes recipe by Kristina Vanni. Careful, this recipe uses eggs so it's not vegan, but it sure is delicious.
Dairy-free Dutch baby pancakes
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup Two bears oat, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp butter
Toppings and Fillings
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh fruit
- Maple syrup