Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Let’s just take a second to honour the muffin, shall we?
This delicious healthy carrot, apple, and oat muffin recipe is refined sugar free, full of fibre, and sweetened with maple syrup. The secret ingredient you may be asking? In this recipe we replaced dairy milk with Two Bears Unsweetened Vanilla Oat Milk for a subtle but rich flavour. Go ahead and gobble one of these tasty treats up for breakfast, brunch, a snack, or even as a post workout bite with a schmear of almond butter on top. We promise, you won’t be disappointed in the flavour – and you’ll feel good knowing you are packing lots of fibre, fruit, and veg in your day.
Recipe adapted from Kay Nutrition
Did we mention these muffins are delicious?
Here’s how you make them.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of grated apple
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- ½ cup of coconut oil, melted
- ¼ Two Bears Unsweetened Vanilla Oat Milk
- 2 eggs, whisked
*the original recipe called for 1 teaspoon of vanilla but we opted to use vanilla oat milk instead!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with baking cups
- Combine all of the dry ingredients: flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients: apple, carrots, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, Two Bears Oat Milk, and eggs.
- Transfer the dry ingredients unto the wet and stir until batter is smooth
- Divide the batter evenly among the cups
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 min—then enjoy!