Prep Time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Whenever we see a recipe that calls for oat m*lk, we are always excited to try it using our very own Two Bears Unsweetened Oat M*lk – as we know our oat m*lk is the best there is! So, when we saw this recipe for healthy banana oat cups, we just had to give them a try. Oh, and we may have needed to make a few batches because they were really that good.
How should we describe these little banana oat cups of goodness? They are part banana bread, part oatmeal cookie, yet still remind us of a hearty bowl of oatmeal-- the kind we all grew up eating for breaky. Here is how you make this quick and easy snack using just a handful of staple ingredients that you probably already have on hand in your pantry.
Adapted from Organize Yourself Skinny
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 3 cups of old-fashioned oats [we used quick oats and they worked like a charm!]
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed banana 2 bananas
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Two Bears Unsweetened Oat M*lk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup chocolate chips [optional, but fun!]
D I R E C T I O N S
- In a medium bowl combine the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Mash your 2 ripe bananas, then crack the 2 eggs into another medium bowl. Whisk together with the maple syrup, and vanilla extract till the ingredients are combined.
- Slowly whisk in the Two Bears Unsweetened Oat M*lk and melted coconut oil
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the oats are covered and moistened.
- Divide the oatmeal mixture among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 350-degree oven.